This tasty lunch literally has every color of the rainbow – red from the pepper, orange from the carrots, yellow from the savoy, green from the scallions and blue/purple (one category in the nutrition world) from the red cabbage. (Isn’t it funny that red cabbage and onions are actually purple?) But I digress…
By eating the color of the rainbow every day, you ensure that your body gets all of the nutrients it needs to thrive. Since my 5 month old still gets the bulk of his nutrition from my body, this makes me a happy mommy.
Your fork is waiting.
- ½ head savoy cabbage
- 2 c shredded carrots
- 4 scallions - thinly sliced
- 2 oz roasted peanuts - crushed
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds -optional garnish
- 8 oz shredded cooked chicken breast (rotisserie works great!)
- ¼ c soy sauce - low sodium
- ¼ c rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs sriracha hot sauce
- ½ tbs sugar
- Wisk together the dressing in the bottom of a large bowl and set aside.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and add to the bowl along with shredded carrots and scallions.
- Toss well with dressing and garnish with peanuts, sesame seeds and top with chicken breast.