If someone told me I could satisfy a craving for pumpkin pie for under 200 calories using no artificial ingredients I would say “sign me up!” Well, consider yourself signed up as well. There are a few reasons this makes the perfect snack or dessert:
1) Packed with Protein: Greek style yogurt strains out the whey which results in a higher amount of protein per serving than traditional yogurt.
2) Antioxidant Spices: Spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are loaded in antioxidants. A diet rich in spices reduce the body’s negative responses to high-fat meals, according to Penn State researchers.
3) Vitamin Packed Pumpkin: A half cup serving of pure pumpkin has only 41 calories and is loaded in vitamins and fiber. Just one serving meets 300% of your daily requirement for Vitamin A.
No Kashi on hand? Use crushed graham crackers instead. A little whipped cream wouldn’t hurt anyone either….
Your spoon is waiting.
- ½ c pure pumpkin
- 6 oz Greek yogurt - fat free
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tbs pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbs
- Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal- crushed
- Stir together pure pumpkin, yogurt, vanilla, syrup and spices until well combined.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal on top and serve.