If someone told me I could satisfy a craving for pumpkin pie for under 200 calories using no artificial ingredients I would say “sign me up!” Well, consider yourself signed up as well. There are a few reasons this makes the perfect snack or dessert:
1) Packed with Protein: Greek style yogurt strains out the whey which results in a higher amount of protein per serving than traditional yogurt.
2) Antioxidant Spices: Spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are loaded in antioxidants. A diet rich in spices reduce the body’s negative responses to high-fat meals, according to Penn State researchers.
3) Vitamin Packed Pumpkin: A half cup serving of pure pumpkin has only 41 calories and is loaded in vitamins and fiber. Just one serving meets 300% of your daily requirement for Vitamin A.
No Kashi on hand? Use crushed graham crackers instead. A little whipped cream wouldn’t hurt anyone either….
Your spoon is waiting.
- 1/2 c pure pumpkin
- 6 oz Greek yogurt fat free
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal crushed
Stir together pure pumpkin, yogurt, vanilla, syrup and spices until well combined.
Sprinkle crushed cereal on top and serve.
Excellent source of Vitamin A, good source Calcium