Happy Labor Day! Are you as excited for Fall as I am?? As I’ve said before, Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The fashion, the apples, the air, the leaves.. you name it, I love it.Of course, this year is particularly special as my son’s 1st birthday is right around the corner. (How did that happen so quickly?!)
Although he is not heading back to school, the next few months are going to be busy with business trips, Taste of Michigan food blogging conference, ArtPrize and more. Getting ahead with easy, make-ahead meals is the name of the game, my friends. Make extra chicken and use the leftovers on salads, wrapped in a pita with hummus or for a quick and easy taco night.
Over the past year, I have worked my tail off to lose 55 pounds. The last 5-10 pounds are the hardest but I’ve found that stocking my fridge with convenient and delicious sources of protein is the key to my success. Rosemary chicken does just that with over 30 g of protein per 218 calorie serving.
But let’s be honest, I had you at lemon and garlic didn’t I?
Your fork is waiting.
- 4 chicken breasts – boneless, skinless (about six oz each)
- 2 lemons – juice and zest of both
- 3 cloves garlic – grated
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs rosemary – minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag.
- Using a microplane, zest both lemons over a small bowl.
- Add juice of both lemons along with all remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and refridgerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Pre-heat grill pan or grill over high heat.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temp reads 165 degrees or higher.
- Serve chicken breasts whole or sliced.