If Rachael Ray is the self-proclaimed Burger Queen then I am the self-proclaimed Smoothie Queen. We drink them all year round and from the minute my little guy could start solids, he has been hooked. In an effort to eat the rainbow, we love using seasonal ingredients to change the flavor throughout the year. Fall is time for pumpkins, apples, cranberries and more.
Recently I discovered the glory that is Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce. I’m a little embarassed it took me this long to make homemade cranberry sauce but after learning the health benefits of whole cranberries and falling in love with the vibrant, jewel-toned color and tart, tangy sweetness – I am a believer.
My little guy loves all flavors of Stonyfield YoBaby and YoToddler yogurt but this recipe works just as well with Whole Milk Plain.
- •1 banana
- •½ cup mixed berries – fresh or frozen
- •¼ cup cranberry sauce
- •¼ cup oats (old fashioned, baby cereal or quick-cooking all work)
- •¼ cup orange juice
- •4 oz Stonyfield YoBaby or YoToddler yogurt – any flavor
- •4-5 ice cubes – optional
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve in a sippy cup with attached straw for baby-friendly feeding.
Disclaimer: Stonyfield did not pay me to write this post. As a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club, I receive coupons for free yogurt but we would buy it regardless.