Chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are heavy on the oats, not on the butter or flour.
Confession: these are not holiday cookies. These are any-time-of-the-year cookies. At just 90 calories a piece, I promise you can enjoy these guilt-free! Heck, enjoy three of them.
These cookies have the perfect balance of chewy oats, omega-3 packed walnuts and just enough chocolate chips to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Fortunately, it only requires 3 tablespoons of butter and has a healthy dose of whole wheat flour and flax seed meal to give you an all access pass to Guilt Free Cookie Land. You’re welcome.
See you in January, skinny jeans!
- Serves: 30
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated fat: 1.6 g
- Unsaturated fat: 2.5 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 g
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with silicone baking sheet or spray with non-stick spray.
- In an electric mixer, beat together softened butter, honey, brown sugar, water and egg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, flax seed meal, baking soda, salt and oats.
- With the mixer on medium speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides periodically.
- When ingredients have just combined, remove from the mixer and stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto baking sheets and bake until just browned, 11-13 minutes. Let cool before removing from the pan.