Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet Recipe + Video

Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet - The Lemon Bowl

A key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle is to master a few easy and versatile cooking methods that can be used with a variety of ingredients.  Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet is a perfect, one-pot dish full of protein, fiber, vitamins and most importantly – flavor! The best part is that this recipe works well with whatever protein, rice and veggies you have on hand.

When it comes to healthy eating, the freezer is your friend. By keeping a well stocked freezer full of nutritious ready-to-use foods, you can be sure that a healthy and delicious meal is right around the corner – faster than you can order take out.

Liz and Anne on Camera - The Lemon Bowl

Enough talking, it’s time to SHOW you!  Recently, my sister joined me in the kitchen to help me prepare a Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet.  We use Alexia’s Harvest Sauté which combines fresh vegetables with sage-infused olive oil.  As a twenty-something living on her own for the first time, my sister was eager and excited to learn how to make this one-pot meal.   The complete recipe is listed below the video.

Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet Recipe + Video

• Serving size: 2 cups
  • Saturated fat: 1.1 g
  • Unsaturated fat: 10.7 g
  • Carbohydrates: 50 g
  • Fiber: 5 g
  • Protein: 36 g
  • Cholesterol: 75 mg

Recipe type: Entree
Cook time:

Chicken and vegetables are cooked in sage-infused olive oil and combined with brown rice to create and delicious and healthy one-pot skillet dish.
  • 20 oz chicken breast – cubed
  • pinch salt and pepper
  • 1 bag Alexia Harvest Sauté
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice – quick cooking
  • 2 cups chicken broth – low sodium
  1. Remove sage-infused olive oil packet from Alexia Harvest Sauté bag and pour into a large, deep pan heated over medium-high.
  2. Add chicken cubes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned, about 9-11 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
  3. To the same pan, add vegetables from the Alexia Harvest Sauté and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes. Next add in the brown rice and stir for 2-3 minutes to combine flavors.
  4. Pour chicken broth into the pan, bring to a boil then cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or according to directions on the rice.

Comments

Yes!! The Harvest Saute is so good – everything comes ready to go with the perfect amount of sage-infused olive oil. Check it out! :)

I bought a lot of chicken over the weekend (counting on it to make lots of healthy dinners over the coming two weeks). Love this tip ~ and will look for a bag of the Alexia Harvest Saute for a super quick dinner. Love the video!!! So fun.

Let me know what you think!! It was so ridiculously easy – great for those busy week nights. Thanks for watching the video. ;-)

Thank you so much!! I am oddly comfortable behind a video camera but I’m not sure I’ll ever enjoy watching myself or hearing my voice after the fact – haha. xoxo

I looove your video! Both of you are so pretty!
    I will definitely be on the lookout for that Harvest Saute. We have chicken 2 to 3 times a week :) … it will be nice to add a bit of somethin’-somethin’ to it ;-)

What a great, simple meal! I’ll have to check out the Alexia frozen veggies and incorporate them into my shopping list so I can prepare quick, healthy meals like this one. Looks delicious!

4. Rita says

I’m wondering why the video calls for twice the amount of rice and broth as the written directions. I followed the directions and had way too much rice. Wasn’t able to watch the video until after. Next time I will use the 1 cup rice and 2 cups broth.

Hi Rita – First of all, please accept my apologies for the confusion on the rice. I have revised the recipe to reflect the video. Secondly, as long as you followed a 2 to 1 ratio (which it sounds like you did!) hopefully the rice was properly cooked. Please let me know if you have any other questions and again, I truly apologize for the confusion. Thank you so much for trying this recipe and please let me know if you see any other errors. :)

I missed this post back in January! I’m doing a little meal planning this morning, trying to find some easy stuff to put together this week. I don’t know if we have those Alexia products near me (based on Katie’s comment below) so I will improvise – this sounds delicious and totally versatile, and my kids will eat it! (WIN!)
    Love the video and your sister! :)

hahaha It was so fun making this video with her!!! She’s a hoot. Yes totally sub out with any veggies – would be great with just broccoli!! Love one pot dinners. :)