A key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle is to master a few easy and versatile cooking methods that can be used with a variety of ingredients. Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet is a perfect, one-pot dish full of protein, fiber, vitamins and most importantly – flavor! The best part is that this recipe works well with whatever protein, rice and veggies you have on hand.
When it comes to healthy eating, the freezer is your friend. By keeping a well stocked freezer full of nutritious ready-to-use foods, you can be sure that a healthy and delicious meal is right around the corner – faster than you can order take out.
Enough talking, it’s time to SHOW you! Recently, my sister joined me in the kitchen to help me prepare a Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet. We use Alexia’s Harvest Sauté which combines fresh vegetables with sage-infused olive oil. As a twenty-something living on her own for the first time, my sister was eager and excited to learn how to make this one-pot meal. The complete recipe is listed below the video.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 2 cups
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated fat: 1.1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 10.7 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 476 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
- 20 oz chicken breast - cubed
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 bag Alexia Harvest Sauté
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice - quick cooking
- 2 cups chicken broth - low sodium
- Remove sage-infused olive oil packet from Alexia Harvest Sauté bag and pour into a large, deep pan heated over medium-high.
- Add chicken cubes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned, about 9-11 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add vegetables from the Alexia Harvest Sauté and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes. Next add in the brown rice and stir for 2-3 minutes to combine flavors.
- Pour chicken broth into the pan, bring to a boil then cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or according to directions on the rice.