And Baby Makes FOUR!

Baby Announcement - The Lemon Bowl

It’s official – we are having another baby!!!!! Our little family of three is growing into a family of four and we are absolutely, utterly and completely over the moon with joy.  Ahhh – it feels so good to finally come clean with all of you!!! Of course, our 19 month old doesn’t quite grasp what’s about to hit him but it’s probably better that way for now. ;)

Happy Big Brother - The Lemon Bowl

As a Blogger who spends her days sharing live updates on social media, it has been so hard keeping this secret from all of you!! For example, remember that homemade chicken soup I made recently? There’s a *slight* chance I ate it with corn chips…. Don’t judge me.

Chicken Soup - The Lemon Bowl

Ironically, I found out I was expecting the very next day after resigning from my day job of five years to pursue blogging full time. I’ve always said that everything happens for a reason and learning the news so quickly after such a major life change was a sure sign that I had made the right decision for our family.

Big Brother - The Lemon Bowl

In the coming months, don’t be surprised if you see a recipes using fruits like lemons, avocados, eggplants or watermelons.  I loved creating recipes based on the size of my baby throughout my first pregnancy so I will most likely do it again from time to time. :-) I’m also looking forward to chatting about a few other topics in my Healthy Habits section such as how to deal with pregnancy-related weight gain after achieving weight loss success.  Because believe me, I understand how hard it is to watch the scale go up week after week when you’ve worked so hard to watch it go down.

Beets

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite recipes that are specifically beneficial for women who are pregnant or may become pregnant:

Beet Salad with Feta, Dill & Pine Nuts: Beets are an excellent source of Vitamin B folate which helps prevent birth defects.

Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries: Sweet potatoes are another excellent source of folate which helps promote healthy fetus and cell development.

Red Chard, Zucchini and Chicken Stir Fry: Leafy greens such as red chard are packed with folic acid which prevents neural tube defects.

Big Brother Stairs - The Lemon Bowl

Now I am off to research the health benefits of corn chips because obviously I was only adding them to my chicken soup for the baby’s sake. Obvs.

Comments

I’m just excited to wear elastic waist bands while I eat my way through Disney – LOL!! xoxoxo

Liz congrats!! This is so exciting!! Little kids are the best. Our house is currently full of them. The dirty dipers and all! My cousins are visting and they happen to be five and two, it is crazy but I love kids! I am so excited for you and your family!!

That is such exciting news!! I imagine being a food blogger and pregnant might change what you feel like eating and making just a little! :) I know I had some weird cravings and aversions while pregnant. Can’t wait to follow your journey. So fun!

What wonderful news – congratulations Liz! Such an exciting time for you and your family. Being a mom is one of the most important jobs in the world.

SO happy for you and your family Liz!!! I Don’t feel bad about your corn chip consumption…I ate a lote of healthy food with both my pregnancies, but my first child got her fair share of California burritos {Carne Asada burritos with french fries!}. As a November baby myself, I highly recommend it as a good month to be born in :-)

Mmmmm carne asada!!! I’m jealous of your Mexican food in Southern Cali!!!! Cheers to November babies!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I just want to give you and A both huge hugs!!!! (Look how cute and BIG he is!!!!) Congrats again, friend!!!!! I’m over the moon thrilled for you!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

That’s great news, Liz! :D And it must feel wonderful to get it out in the open! I would absolutely *die* keeping a secret like that. I’m the type who would want to tell everyone, including everyone on the internet, right when I find out. So good job!

Your little boy is so cute! And recipes based off your baby’s size?! Haha. I like the sound of that! Congratulations again. :)

Asher looks so grown up. He’s going to look like a teenager when the new baby comes along! So glad you shared the news…much longer and I might have been the one to blow your cover ; )

8. Melanie says

Congrats! I’m due in December and would love to hear how you got through Trimester 1 food-wise! I can’t eat anything I normally ate before.

Congrats to you as well!! I had the same experience…just within the last few days as I’ve hit the 12 week point have my cravings started to become more normal. Believe me, I ate a lot of bread and pizza the first few months because it was all I wanted. Lots of scrambled eggs and peanut butter on toast. No interest in meat. It gets better!!