Salty feta, creamy white beans and tangy plain yogurt blend with fresh herbs and garlic to create a healthy and addictive dip.
Feta Herb Bean Dip is so incredibly delicious and full of flavor that once you see how easy it is to make you will want to have it on hand regularly for all of your healthy snacking needs. Don’t believe me? Well if you are one of my hundreds of fellow food bloggers attending BlogHer Food 2013 in Austin this weekend then you will just have to try it to believe it!
My friends at Stonyfield are not only gracious enough to be sponsoring my attendance to this amazing conference but they invited me to create and share this recipe with everyone at the event! Of course you know how much I love dips and yogurt so I got a little crazy and created 3 incredible yogurt-based dips for everyone to sample. Brandi from Bran Appetit and Amelia from Eating Made Easy will also be sharing tasty yogurt-filled recipes with everyone at the conference.
Of course, if you aren’t heading to Austin I hope you will try it out at home. It literally takes just a few minutes to throw everything into the food processor. This dip will not only last several days but it will taste better the next day as the flavors get groovy with one another. It tastes great with veggies, crackers or a nice baguette. I also suggest trying it as a healthy alternative to mayo on your next sandwich. You’ll love the added flavor and the added protein and fiber will give your lunch a nice nutritional boost.
Are you heading to Austin? Leave me a comment – would love to meet you in person and share some delicious dip with you!
Your carrot stick is waiting.
- 8 oz feta cheese
- two 15 oz cans white beans (great northern, cannellini, etc.) - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Stonyfield plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup Stonyfield non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh herbs - minced (i.e. chives, parsley, basil, dill)
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice and zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, sliced baguette or crackers.