Blueberry Ginger Peach Smoothie

Fresh ginger brings out the natural sweetness of the ripe fruit used to create this protein-packed breakfast smoothie – perfect for back-to-school or any time of the year.
Blueberry Ginger Peach Smoothie - The Lemon BowlI love fall more than words can express. Beautiful foliage, freshly picked apples, crisp lake walks and plenty of pumpkin recipes. We will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary, our son’s 2nd birthday, my 33rd birthday and the birth of our second son in the coming months. To say that I’m excited for fall would be a complete understatement.

Peach Picking - The Lemon BowlCan I tell you the one thing I’m going to miss about summer? Wearing a bathing suit. Ok not really. I’m going to miss FRESH FRUIT!!!!! Strawberries, blueberries, cherries, plums, raspberries and more.

Blueberry Picking - The Lemon BowlOur family has had so much fun visiting blueberry patches, peach orchards and other fruit farms from all over the region over the past few months. One of my favorite photos from the season is the one above which reminds me of the book Blueberries for Sal. Ironically, our son’s middle name is Salvatore named after his paternal grandfather.

Peach Picking - The Lemon BowlSadly, we enjoyed the very last of the 12 pounds of peaches we picked in the form of a sinfully delicious Fresh Peach Cobbler that I made for a big family dinner recently. The good news is that Cascadian Farms organic frozen berries are picked at their peak ensuring maximum nutrition for smoothies all year long.

Speaking of Cascadian Farms, their Farmers Markets Across the Map Sweepstakes that I mentioned before is still running! To quality for a chance to win a $500 CSA Sponsorship for 2014, upload a photo from your local farm stand, orchard or farmers market to their Facebook app now through September 6th! Click here for official rules.

Your straw is waiting.

Blueberry Ginger Peach Smoothie: Cascadian Farms Recipe/Farmers Market Post

Fresh ginger brings out the natural sweetness of the ripe fruit in this protein-packed breakfast smoothie.
Recipe type: Breakfast
  • 1 peach - halved, pit removed
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tablespoons fresh ginger - about 1 in. piece
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
  • 1 cup water
  • ice
  1. Pulse all ingredients except for the ice in a high speed blender until smooth.
  2. Add ice until you've reached desired consistency.
  3. Serve in two tall glasses.
For a thinner smoothie, start with just a handful of ice. For a thicker smoothie, continue adding more ice.
Serving size: 16 oz Calories: 202 Fat: 2.7 g Saturated fat: .1 g Unsaturated fat: 2.6 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 36 g Sugar: 22 g Sodium: 2 mg Fiber: 6.4 g Protein: 13.3 g Cholesterol: 0 mg

Disclaimer: Cascadian Farm compensated me for my time to create this seasonal recipe inspired by a local farmers market. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.

Comments

I gotta tell you….. I too LOVE Fall. In my book, it starts today. Seriously, I’ve already brought out the fall decorations. Love it!

This is a great breakfast smoothie recipe…. Love the idea of combining peaches and blueberries and ginger. Can’t wait to make this for my kiddos and I!

Have a great day Friend!!!

Ohh I’m actually not due until early November!! I was just listing the many reasons I’m excited for fall – ahaha..I agree with you on smoothies!!!

I miss the fresh fruit once autumn comes, too. But wow, you really do have a lot to look forward to in the near future! How exciting and memorable this fall will be :)
    Love everything in this smoothie- you’ve reminded me to stock up on protein powder!

What a pretty smoothie!! I have never added ginger to a smoothie, sounds so good!!!

Fall has a special place in my heart too – my anniversary, sons birthday, and now another sons birthday! What I’m missing for my fall is the cooler temps and the changing of the leaves…that gets pushed to winter here, but I can deal :)

I’m with you on the fresh fruits. I really wish we could get fresh berries all year long! I’m not going to complain since the strawberry season has just begun here in Australia, but it’s always too short! Can’t wait for summer to be here (in December!) to enjoy delicious fruits.
    I’ve never tried adding ginger to my smoothie. Gonna try that next time! Thanks for sharing :)

5. Susan says

I love smoothies and am always looking for new ideas. This one sounds amazing, so I’ll be trying it soon. Thank you for posting this.

6. Susan says

I made this for breakfast this morning, and we both really enjoyed it. The combination of flavors and the flavor balance are perfect. I ended up doing individual servings in my Magic Bullet cups, and only had room for two ice cubes, so they were kind of room temperature. Because of that, next time I will either freeze my banana, blueberries, peaches, or do it in the big blender so I can add more ice. Actually, using frozen blueberries and peaches would make this an all-year-around smoothie… :-) I also appreciate that this is my kind of smoothie, with no changes needed – a very unusual experience. Unless I’m using a whole cup of Greek yogurt, I always put in protein powder to get the protein level up, and flaxseed is another ingredient I always use.

Wow thank you so much for your nice words Susan!!! I love mine super icy as well so I don’t blame you for using frozen fruit next time!