This rich and creamy cheesecake combines the classic fall flavors of pumpkin and spice with an irresistible gingersnap crunch. Perfect for special occasions, holidays and entertaining.
When I married my husband back in 2005, I had no idea I was marrying a closet baker. As it turns out, my IT Specialist by day is not only an amazing bread baker but he can knock out the best sugar cookies, hermit bars and cheesecakes I’ve ever tasted.
Since I’m afraid to bake with yeast and tend to get the shakes using white flour or more than a couple tablespoons of butter in one recipe, it works out well for our relationship.
During my recent 33rd birthday, I requested a pumpkin version of his famous cheesecakes. (I promise to share his award-winning Dark Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake with Oreo Crust soon!!) Instead of creating a crust with Oreos he used gingersnap cookies and walnuts. (Hey! Omega-3’s!)
To boost up the pumpkin flavor we all love he used plenty of warm spices including cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
If you are celebrating a special occasion, attending a holiday gathering or hosting a party this season, you must put this Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust on your menu. The crunchy, molasses-packed gingersnaps are the perfect complement to the creamy, pumpkin-spiced cheesecake filling.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1/12 cake
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 22.9 g
- Saturated fat: 10.6 g
- Unsaturated fat: 12.3 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32.2 g
- Sugar: 21.6 g
- Sodium: 352 mg
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 114 mg
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies (about 30) - crushed
- ½ cup walnuts - chopped
- ⅓ cup melted butter, unsalted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temp
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse gingersnap cookies, walnuts, butter and salt in a food processor until finely crushed into a coarse sand.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan until it comes 1 inch up the sides. Bake crust for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer, beat together softened cream cheese and sugar on medium until smooth - about 2 minutes. Slowly add in eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla, pumpkin and spices. Blend until creamy and fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared crust and bake 50-60 minutes or until filling sets. Let cake cook completely before removing pan rim. Chill before serving.
As we head into the holiday season, I urge you to take a moment to give thanks for the food on your plate and the freedom of not worrying where your next meal will from. Believe it or not, 1 in 6 Americans struggles with hunger which is why today I’ve joined forces with a few of your favorite bloggers to support Feeding America.
To help spread the love this holiday season, I am thrilled to be giving away two fabulous prizes: one (1) lucky winner will get this Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Cutlery Set with Storage Block and one (1) lucky winner will win this Anolon Nouvelle Copper 11-Piece Set.
Be sure to take a look at these other great sites!
- Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts made Pumpkin Pie
- Erin from Texanerin Baking made Dulce de Leche Apple Streusel Bars
- Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Christina from Dessert for Two made Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction made Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes
- Tracey from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures made Butternut Squash, Apple and Potato Gratin with Cheddar Crumb Topping
- Georgia from The Comfort of Cooking made Spiced Caramel-Apple Crumb Bars
- Kate from Diethood made Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie
- Gina from Running to the Kitchen made Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon, & Goat Cheese
- Carla from Carla’s Confections made Spinach Mashed Potatoes
- Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food made Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Liz from The Lemon Bowl made Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- Rachel from Rachel Cooks made Brussels Sprouts Salad with Green Apples and Cranberries
- Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake made Spinach Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Candied Pecans
- Megan from Wanna Be A Country Cleaver made Roasted Potatoes with Bacon Parmesan Vinaigrette
- Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic made Mini Apple Pies