30 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes

A round-up of 30 healthy, easy and delicious slow cooker recipes that just so happen to be good for you.
30 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes - The Lemon BowlWhether you are looking to shed a few pounds or simply wish to eat more meals at home this year, the slow cooker is your friend. By taking a few moments in the morning or even the night before, a warm and hearty meal will be waiting for you when you are ready for it.

Below is a list of 30 slow cooker meals including fruit-based recipes, vegetarian dishes plus plenty of ideas for chicken, pork and beef. I encourage you to try one or two out in the coming weeks. In fact, one of the biggest tips I can give you for sticking to your resolutions is to incorporate new recipes into your weekly rotation. By including new recipes, you will avoid boredom and prevent burnout.

Because life is too short to eat grilled chicken and salad every day.

Mango FarroFruit

Slow Cooked Lebanese Green Beans with Beef by The Lemon Bowl
Slow Cooked Barbecue Beef by Emily Bites
Crock Pot Balsamic Beef by I Heart Eating
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage by Very Culinary
Slow Cooker Beef Braciole by Emily Bites

Comments

Ohhh what a great list! I do not even know where to start, but with the weather how it has been the last few days….now is the perfect time for slow cooker comfort food. However, I may have to wait until I go back to work on Monday, as the smell while it cooks makes me ravenously hungry!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

“Because life is too short to eat grilled chicken and salad every day” – THIS!
    Love this roundup. The Slow Cooker is my kitchen appliance equivalent to a best friend. Coming home to dinner already made – yes please!
    Thanks for some new ideas!

I am a big fan of slow cooker meals, especially in the winter! The best is when they are also healthy and I can feel good about feeding them to my family! Great resource Liz, thanks! :)

Great list! Bookmarking and pinning! :) Thanks for including my beans. I’m due to make another batch for the freezer — thanks for the reminder!

PS: I read this line: “Because life is too short to eat grilled chicken and salad every day.” but replaced “chicken” with “cheese” the first three times I read it. I kept thinking….huh? LOL. See what I’m working against? ;)

What a complete lifesaver you are Liz! Life is very tricky in the Boulder Locavore household these days with crazy after school schedules and a busy ME during the day. Have been so wanting to get the crock pot into gear but with my new found commitment to more healthy entrees I’ve felt a bit stymied. I am SO happy to have this list…..and knowing others would be too started pinning it before even looking at it! Thank you.

Tell me about it Toni! It’s so hard to get dinner on the table these days since I’m usually busy with Jacob. Slow cookers are the best time saver!! And it’s amazing how many healthy and gluten free recipes you can make with one.

Great round-up! My schedule is about to get busier so I’ve been looking for simple, make-ahead meals. Also, I just watched your Google Hangout on ‘How to Keep the Weight Off’…really enjoyed it!!

Need to try so many of these, what a great roundup! That crockpot is a total lifesaver some days. Thanks for including my sausage & peppers! :)

8. JB says

I was super excited to try the Thai Chicken Soup and it’s been cooking for the 4 hour mark. Man did it all turn to mush! The flavors are missing too (though to be fair, I didn’t use fish sauce). I looked up this recipe when not using a crock pot and it takes well less than an hour! Did anyone else try this on the slow cooker? The colors are all a bit grayish too. Very bummed. :(

Hi JB! This recipe is actually not one I developed – it is from my super talented friend Heidi at the blog Foodie Crush. While I would love to help you out, this is not my recipe so you would be better off commenting on Heidi’s website so she can respond directly. That being said, I will say that fish sauce is absolutely key when it comes to Thai cooking. It is a very briny, salty flavor that can’t be replicated and when left out can leave a recipe to taste quite flat. That being said, reach out to Heidi directly because she might have other ideas to help you knock this out of the park next time!