Chocolate, coconut and almonds are lightly sweetened with honey to create this healthy and addictive homemade granola.
Shortly after giving birth, I received the most thoughtful care package from my dear friend Aggie, In addition to sending gifts for both of my boys, she also picked out a few items just for me. What a woman!!!
One of the items Aggie sent were these new-to-me granola oat clusters from Love Grown Foods. It is so nice to receive food gifts made with quality ingredients I can easily pronounce. My entire family quickly became addicted to this chocolate granola which is why I decided to create my own version.
If you’ve never made homemade granola, I encourage you to give it a try. Mix and match the flavors to make it your own. If you don’t have almonds on hand, swap out walnuts or pecans. Instead of honey, try using pure maple syrup. Coconut oil adds a subtle background flavor but canola or olive oil are great substitutes.
Whip up a big batch on the weekend and store it for up to two weeks in an air-tight container. Scoop it out for busy weekday breakfasts or stash it in your car or desk for healthy snacking any time of day.
No fork required.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated fat: 4.1 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23.5 g
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees and line baking pan with a silicone baking mat or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats almonds; set aside.
- Heat honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk constantly until coconut oil melts and mixture is smooth - about 2 minutes.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the stove and pour over the oats mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir ingredients until everything is evenly coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Spread granola evenly on baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes stirring mixture once halfway through the cooking time.
- Let cool completely before stirring in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips if adding.