A healthy twist on the classic Rice Krispy treat, your entire family will love this chocolate peanut butter version!
Recently I was craving an ooey, gooey Rice Krispy treat like it was nobody’s business. (What is it about marshmallows melted in sticks of butter anyway?!) Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I never have marshmallows on hand in the house. I know better.
Fear not, I combined my love of all things chocolate/peanut butter and nipped that naughty Rice Krispy treat craving in the bud. Not only is this version 10 times as delicious but it doesn’t come with a side dish of guilt. Win win!
Since these treats are gluten free, dairy free and can be made peanut free using almond or sun butter, they are ideal for classroom treats or birthday parties. Wrap the treats individually in plastic wrap for a healthy brown bag lunch treat or stash them in the fridge for your next 3pm sweets craving.
For more delicious recipes and advice on gluten free living, be sure to check out the Udi’s Gluten Free Community.
No fork required.
- 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal (not puffed rice)
- ¾ cup of honey
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Combine honey, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla in a small sauce pot over medium heat and whisk until ingredients are smooth and fully melted; remove from heat.
- Add brown rice cereal to a large bowl. Pour warm chocolate peanut butter mixture over the crispy rice and stir until cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8 x 8 pan and refrigerate for 3 hours before slicing into squares.
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.