Sweet potato “noodles” are tossed with roasted artichokes and chicken to create this flavorful, guilt-free pasta dish.
If you love pasta but also love fitting into your skinny jeans, you are going to love today’s guest post from my friend Ali. Her blog, Inspiralized, is entirely dedicated to healthy and delicious recipes made with a spiralizer. If you aren’t familiar, it’s a handily little gadget that turns vegetables like sweet potatoes, zucchini or even beets into beautiful noodles!
To see it in action, check out this short vimeo Ali made demonstrating sweet potato noodles. Ready for more? I thought so….
It’s that time again: the New Year! Time to make healthy resolutions and start the year off feeling light, fresh and energized.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: ½ Platter
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 7.2 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 61.2 g
- Sugar: 22.5 g
- Sodium: 1470 mg
- Fiber: 13.2 g
- Protein: 24.4 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more to drizzle
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (about ¼ tsp)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large (375g+) sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking tray, lay out the artichoke hearts and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of roasting the artichokes, place the chicken on a baking tray. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and massage into chicken skin. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken and artichokes for the remaining 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, cut open the chicken breast. If the inside meat is no longer pink and juices run clear, the chicken is done. If not, cook another 5 minutes. Pull the chicken into strips and set aside, along with the artichokes.
- After you put the chicken into the oven, place a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the tbsp of olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Let cook for 30 seconds and then add in the red onion. Cook the onion for 2 minutes and then add in the tomatoes, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and then add in the sweet potato noodles. Toss everything to combine and place a lid on the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, uncover and toss the noodles and then cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the sweet potato noodles have reached your desired doneness.
- Once the noodles are done, uncover and add in the done artichokes and chicken. Toss to combine and plate onto two bowls. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!