Tender, juicy filet burgers are topped with creamy tahini garlic mayo. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or backyard BBQ!
Isn’t grilling season just the best? From burgers to chicken to fish to kafta… you name it, we are grilling it! In fact, now that the weather has warmed up we aim to eat at least two meals a day outside and I absolutely love it.
We even bought the boys their very own kiddie picnic table to celebrate the season. They think lunchtime is a special occasion because they get to eat outside and I love walking back inside to a clean kitchen afterwards.
With Father’s Day right around the corner, I couldn’t resist sharing a new burger recipe. Second to pizza, my husband loves a good burger and almost always orders them when we go out to eat.
To give this burger a Middle Eastern twist, I topped it with the easy and addictive Creamy Tahini Garlic Mayo. Made with real mayonnaise, creamy tahini, fresh garlic and bright lemon juice, it is the perfect cool, creamy topping for the hot, slightly-charred filet burgers.
What are your plans to celebrate Dad this Father’s Day? Heading out to dinner? Firing up the grill? I’d love to hear from you.
No forks required.
- 4 six-ounce filet burgers (or chuck, sirloin, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Creamy Tahini Garlic Mayo
- 4 sesame seed buns - toasted
- tomato slices, dill pickles, sliced onion and lettuce - to serve
- Place burgers on a platter and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Let come to room temperature before placing on hot grill.
- Grill burgers on a pre-heated grill for 6-7 minutes per side or until they reach an internal cooking temperature of 160 degrees. Remove from heat and let rest 5-10 minutes
- While burgers are resting, prepare Creamy Tahini Garlic Mayo by whisking together mayo, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Slowly drizzle in warm water and whisk until mayo becomes light and fluffy.
- Serve burgers on bun of choice and spread with Creamy Tahini Garlic Mayo and condiments of choice such as lettuce, pickles and red onion.
Disclosure: Omaha Steaks has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Want more delicious burger ideas? Check out these tasty recipes from friends:
Feed Me Phoebe: Greek Lamb Burgers with Mint Tzatziki
Creative Culinary: The Canyon Creek Burger from Ted’s Montana Grill
Healthy Eats: Beef and Beyond: 6 Reasons to Cook More Burger
Weelicious: BBQ Chicken Burgers
The Wimpy Vegetarian: Crispy Mexican Black Bean Burgers
Homemade Delish: Stuffed Bleu Cheese Burger with Buffalo Sauce
The Mom 100: Buffalo Turkey Burger Sliders
FN Dish: Now, That’s the Stuff: Stellar Stuffed Burgers