Asparagus and tangerines are drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper then roasted until caramelized and tender. You will love this fast and easy side dish recipe!
As we transition from winter into spring, I can’t think of a better (or easier!) side dish to celebrate the season than this beautiful platter of roasted asparagus and tangerines topped with toasted almond slices and slivered scallions.
We made roasted vegetables at least two or three nights a week which is why I’m always looking for new ways to change it up so my kids don’t get bored. My most recent solution? Adding Sunkist tangerines to the mix before popping the olive-oil tossed asparagus in the oven.
The end result was the perfect balance of sweet, salty, crunchy and toasty. An ideal Easter or Passover side dish, your guests will love this modern twist on a classic.
Your fork is waiting.
- 1 pound asparagus spears - trimmed
- 2 Sunkist Gold Nuggets mandarin or Ojai Pixie tangerines - peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedges, scallions and toasted almond slices - optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place asparagus, tangerines, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag and shake until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on baking sheet and roast until tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, scallions and toasted almond slices if you wish before serving.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: Sunkist has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Here are some other great recipes to check out:
Devour: Have a Hoppin’ Easter with These Remixed Brunch and Dinner Dishes
Creative Culinary: Deviled Eggs with Lemon Zest, Capers and Chives
The Mom 100: Spring Greens Salad with Kohlrabi and Golden Beets
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Vanilla Pudding with Fruit Jam Topping
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Sauteed Broccolini With Garlic And Chile On Toast
Red or Green: Pasta With Kale, Garlic & Calabrian Chile
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Fennel & Cherry Tomato Salad with Toasted Pistachios
Healthy Eats: 5 Spring Sides for a Healthier Easter Feast
Taste with the Eyes: Butter Lettuce Cups with Fried Goat Cheese, Green Apple, Meyer Lemon Cream
The Wimpy Vegetarian: Creamy Feta and Asparagus Casserole with Orzo
FN Dish: 5 Side Dishes That Are More Important Than the Easter Ham
More healthy Sides are waiting for you on Pinterest!