Liz Della Croce is the creator and author of The Lemon Bowl, a healthy food and lifestyle blog. Since 2010, Liz has been sharing delicious recipes that just so happen to be good for you. By using real ingredients with an emphasis on seasonality, Liz has built a growing audience of loyal readers who crave real food for their families.
Liz has appeared live on the TODAY Show and tapes regular cooking segments for her local NBC and ABC affiliates. Liz’s recipes and food photography have been featured in various publications including Shape Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Food Network Blog, Huffington Post, TODAY Food, Tastespotting, Foodgawker and The Cooking Channel. Liz enjoys working with national brands she feels passionate about including Stonyfield, Bob’s Red Mill, CA Strawberries and KitchenAid USA.
“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
-Sven Goran Eriksson
A busy mother of two young boys, Liz loves spending time chasing around her toddler son and watching her baby experience new foods for the first time. Liz and her husband reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan and welcomed their second son in November of 2013.
34 Facts About Me:
- I am a mom to an active two year old boy with a thick head of black hair and a smile that lights up the room.
- In November 2013, we welcomed our second baby boy into the world. He has bright blue eyes and light brown hair.
- My husband and I met over 12 years ago in Boston.
- I was born in Arizona while my Dad was doing his internship at the Tucson Medical Center.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan became my home at the age of three. After graduating from East Grand Rapids High School, I moved to Massachusetts to attend Boston University’s School of Hospitality Administration.
- I was the class speaker at my college graduation in May of 2002.
- After graduating, I began my career in hospitality sales with Marriott International.
- In 2006, I began exercising regularly for the first time in my life. I have maintained a 60 pound weight loss for over 6 years.
- Group exercise is my favorite way to break a sweat – kickboxing, zumba and boot camp make me happy.
- Although I am admittedly addicted to exercise, it is no secret that I exercise to eat.
- My Dad introduced me to ethnic food from around the world including authentic Mexican food (heavy on the cilantro, easy on the cheese), “Sushi Saturdays”, dim sum in San Francisco, Greek food in Chicago and Vietnamese food in Berkeley.
- My Mother’s grandparents were born in Syria and as a result, I began learning how to make Middle Eastern food at a very young age from shadowing the women in my family.
- I am the oldest of 3 girls and my sisters live just down the street. Despite the 10 and 4 year age gaps, we are extremely close.
- In 2007, my husband moved back home with me to Grand Rapids, Michigan to buy a house and start a family. I am forever indebted.
- My middle sister had her first baby just 4 weeks after I had mine. We both had boys and they are more like brothers than cousins. We are both currently pregnant with our second children and love going through this journey together.
- I thrive around others and prefer a group setting to being alone.
- In 2009, I read Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels and commited to eating clean. As a result, I haven’t had a diet coke since 2009.
- I traveled to Africa 10 years before I made my first trip to Mackinac Island, Michigan.
- To say that I am obsessed with Someecards would be an understatement.
- Fall is my favorite season- the smell, the apples, the air, the clothes, the food, the holidays.
- In January 2012, my dream of appearing live to cook on the TODAY Show came true.
- I have no idea how to garden and envy those with a green thumb.
- Sriracha is almost always on our dining table.
- People often describe me as “easily excitable.”
- My favorite breakfast involves coffee, oatmeal and fresh fruit.
- Ellie Krieger is one of my inspirations and I was lucky enough to meet her in 2011.
- Cooking makes me happy but not as much as being a mother which is why I never became a professional Chef.
- I am a city girl at heart. Boston, New York, London, Chicago and San Francisco are a few of my favorites.
- I don’t have a sweet tooth. Cheese is another story.
- I have had the pleasure of visiting over 25 countries around the world including Norway, Spain, Morocco, Greece and Mexico.
- I love champagne.
- My friends mean the world to me.
- Farmers markets and fruit stands make me insanely happy.
- Lake Michigan is my favorite place to unwind.