Brown Rice Greek Salad with Roasted Tomatoes
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Side
- 1 c brown rice - prepared
- 1 c chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 c cherry tomatoes - roasted or fresh (see below for directions on roasting)
- 1 c cucumber - diced
- 1/2 c scallions - minced
- 1/2 c corn - fresh, frozen, leftover grilled, etc.
- 1/4 c feta cheese - crumbled
- 1/2 c kalamata olives
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs dried mint
- 2 garlic cloves - grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To roast cherry tomatoes, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan with an even layer of tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown rice with tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, scallions, corn, feta and olives.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, olive oil, oregano, mint, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 234 Fat: 8.6 Saturated fat: 1.9 Unsaturated fat: 6.2 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 31 Sugar: 3.5 Sodium: 300 mg Fiber: 6 Protein: 8.6 Cholesterol: 5
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/09/brown-rice-greek-salad.html