Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries - rinsed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on Low heat for 3 hours.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently mash the cranberries until desired consistency is reached.
Feel free to add more sugar if you prefer this sauce on the sweeter side. As you can imagine with my love of lemons, I like it a bit tart.
Serving size: 1/4 cup Calories: 35 Fat: .1 g Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 9.2 g Sugar: 6 g Sodium: 1 mg Fiber: 1.6 g Protein: .3 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/11/slow-cooker-cranberry-sauce.html