Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Using a pizza slicer, cut tortillas into 8 triangles by cutting in quarters then eighths; place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and spices over tortilla triangles and mix well so all tortillas are evenly coated in oil and spices. Don't be afraid to use your hands!
- Divide tortillas evenly between both baking sheets and spread out so that they are in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Store in air tight container for up to 4 days.
To create crunchy baked chips, lay tortillas in an even layer to prevent steaming.
Serving size: 12 chips Calories: 117 Fat: 4.8 g Saturated fat: .5 g Unsaturated fat: 4.3 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 17.3 g Sugar: 1.6 g Sodium: 300 mg Fiber: 2.7 g Protein: 1.8 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/11/baked-corn-tortilla-chips.html