Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats – old fashioned or quick cooking
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups low fat plain yogurt such as Stonyfield
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries – fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat together yogurt, oil, vanilla and eggs over medium speed. Slowly add dry ingredients until just combined then remove from mixer.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries then pour batter into the bread pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving or wrapping as a gift.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 194 Fat: 6.7 g Saturated fat: .6 g Unsaturated fat: 6.1 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 29.1 g Sugar: 14.1 g Sodium: 223 mg Fiber: 3.1 g Protein: 5.6 g Cholesterol: 26 mg
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/11/blueberry-oatmeal-bread.html