Slow Cooker Lentil Soup with Bacon Recipe
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 slices bacon - thinly sliced
- 1 cup lentils - rinsed and sorted
- 2 celery stalks - diced
- 2 carrots - diced
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 32 oz chicken broth - low sodium
- fresh chopped parsley - optional garnish
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon slices until brown and crispy then remove from pan and set on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Add all ingredients including the cooked bacon to the slow cooker and heat on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley.
Salt is left out of this recipe due to the bacon, canned tomatoes and chicken broth used. Feel free to add salt if you prefer.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 172 Fat: 1.9 g Saturated fat: .5 g Unsaturated fat: 1.4 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 34.1 g Sugar: 7.4 g Sodium: 470 mg Fiber: 11.8 g Protein: 13.3 g Cholesterol: 4 mg
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/12/slow-cooker-lentil-soup-with-bacon.html