Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Soup
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cubed
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 zucchini - diced
- 1 red pepper - seeded and diced
- 15 oz cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
- 15 oz diced tomatoes - low sodium
- 2 cups chopped frozen kale
- 6 cups chicken broth - low sodium
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (or black pepper)
- fresh parsley - optional garnish
- Place all ingredients except for the fresh parsley in a slow cooker and heat on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Garnish with fresh parsley to serve.
To use fresh kale instead of frozen simply add it 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Alternatively, Swiss chard or spinach would work well too.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 189 Fat: 1.8 g Saturated fat: .1 g Unsaturated fat: 1.7 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 20.9 g Sugar: 5.1 g Sodium: 647 mg Fiber: 5.6 g Protein: 23 g Cholesterol: 40 mg
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2014/02/slow-cooker-italian-chicken-soup.html