Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Recipe
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Entree
- 3 pound beef roast (such as bottom round or chuck)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar - optional
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces beer (such as porter or IPA)
- cilantro - optional garnish
- Mix together all of the spices (cumin through chili flakes) and rub spice blend evenly on the beef roast. Cover spice-rubbed roast in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, place onion slices on the bottom of the slow cooker insert then top with beef roast, diced tomatoes and beer.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours. Shred with two forks before serving an garnish with cilantro if you wish.
Recipe can easily be doubled for larger roasts.
Shredded beef is delicious on its own or can be used throughout the week in fajitas, quesadillas, soups and more.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 347 Fat: 11.4 g Saturated fat: 3.9 g Unsaturated fat: 7.5 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 8.5 g Sugar: 2.7 g Sodium: 629 mg Fiber: .9 g Protein: 48.4 g Cholesterol: 150 mg
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl at http://thelemonbowl.com/2014/05/slow-cooker-shredded-beef-recipe.html