A one-stop gift guide for all of the healthy foodies in your life this holiday season.
Ready or not…the holidays are here! Whether you need gift ideas for the health nut in your life or have a foodie friend looking to get healthier in the new year, look no further. These are my Top 9 Gifts for the Healthy Foodie in your life!
The best part? Most items are under $99 and half are under $50! Plus, you can buy them all online while sitting by the fire in your pajamas, hopefully sipping something warm. Let’s get started!
1. Contingo Water Bottle ($12) – This BPA free water bottle is by my side 24/7. As a result, I drink more water and less empty calories. My boys can both drink out of the spill-proof design and even have their own kiddie sized water bottles!
2. Skinnytaste Cookbook ($18) – My beautiful and talented friend Gina recently published a New York Times Best Selling cookbook appropriately titled Skinnytaste Cookbook. Packed with 150 recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner – you will love Gina’s flavor-packed approached to healthy eating.
3. Lock & Lock Food Storage Containers ($20) – My Aunt Patsy gave me a giant stash of Lock & Lock food storage containers when I got married 9 years ago and to this day, it is my most useful wedding gift. Having healthy food on hand and readily available is one of my biggest strategies for maintaining long term weight loss. These containers don’t leak and are perfect for stacking – ideal for brown bag lunches, meal prepping or stashing leftovers.
4. Hot Air Popper ($22) – One of my favorite whole grain snacks is air-popped popcorn, usually sprinkled with a little truffle salt. Five cups of popcorn has only 130 calories but takes a long time to eat. Well…longer than say, a mini-Snickers. Added bonus? I’ve had mine for 10+ years and it still works like a charm. And trust me, I use mine frequently.
5. Spiral Vegetable Slicer ($35) – My friend Ali turned me on to the vegetable slicer and I’m so glad she did because it is so much fun! This easy-to-use kitchen device takes just seconds to set up, is light-weight and easy to store. In minutes you can turn zucchini into pasta, sweet potatoes into curly fries and beets into chips.
6. Swiss Diamond Non-Stick Fry Pan ($60) – You heard me first profess my love of Swiss Diamond cookware a few weeks ago and let me tell you, my love has only grown deeper. The patented coating is PFOA-free and you can cook anything you wish without a drop of oil or butter. Again, I have nothing against fat but I prefer to finish a dish with a fragrant olive oil vs. losing hundreds of calories during the sautéing process.
7. Crock-Pot with Stove Top Browning ($65) – I can’t tell you how many times the slow cooker has saved me at dinner time. By spending a few minutes at the begging of my day to toss a few ingredients in the slow cooker, I am guaranteed a delicious and nutritious dinner that is cheaper and healthier than take-out or pizza delivery. I had the basic version of Crock-Pot for many years but recently upgraded to this version which allows you to brown meat on the stove top before slow cooking.
8. Fitbit Flex ($99) – Earlier this year I purchased my first Fitbit to help me break a weight loss plateau. Guess what? It worked like a charm. The exercise tracking system is highly motivational and encourages me to fill up my calendar with as many workouts as possible. While steps are always an accurate reflection of calorie burn, seeing how many (or how little) steps I am taking in a day is always a good way to get me moving more than I was before I owned a Fitbit. You can also cheer on friends, input calories consumed, track weight loss and much much more.
9. Blendtec Blender ($649) – My last gift suggestion is definitely a splurge but I can wholeheartedly say that a Blendtec is a worthwhile investment in your total health. As a professional recipe developer and busy home cook, I have tried hundreds of kitchen appliances over the years. At the end of the day, you get what you pay. One thing is certain: if you don’t have the proper tools in the kitchen, you are less likely to cook from scratch. Hands down, the easiest and most effective way to live a healthier lifestyle is to simply cook at home more often. This blender is a workhorse and money well spent. And if you’re looking for new smoothie recipes, I’m your girl.
To get the party started, I am THRILLED to be giving away a Blendtec Designer 725 blender and Twister Jar to one lucky winner!
Since I am in the holiday spirit, I will also be giving away a $100.00 Amazon Gift Card as well as a $50.00 Amazon Gift Card! Tis the season, right?
Disclosure: I have not been compensated to write this post. Blendtec was gracious enough to send me the same blender that I am also giving away. I am providing the Amazon gift cards as a thank you to my readers. This post does include affiliate links.