Just in time for the holidays, here’s a guide to my favorite useful and practical gift ideas for the healthy and active foodie in your life!
I’m not sure how we got here so fast but there are officially just 17 days left to Christmas which means it’s time to get shopping! Ok fine – most of you have probably already done all of your shopping. In the off chance I’m not the only procrastinator, here is my ultimate gift guide for the healthy, active foodie in your life. Enjoy and happy shopping!
1. KitchenAid KMC4244CA Multi-Cooker with Stir Tower: As you’ve probably noticed by now, I am a huge fan of slow cooker meals. Not only is it my secret weapon for getting a healthy dinner on the table in time but it’s almost a guarantee your dinner will turn out delicious due the nature of the slow cook process. This multi-cooker from KitchenAid has over 10 cooking methods and even heat technology. If you know someone who loves their slow cooker, this will for sure be the gift that keeps on giving!
2. Calphalon Contemporary 10-inch Nonstick Omelette Pan: A high quality non-stick pan is a healthy chef’s best friend. For optimal results, I recommend replacing your nonstick cookware every three to five years. So I’m thinking you should buy one for a friend and one for yourself.
3. Neoprene Reusable Lunch Bag by Art of Lunch: Whether you’re shopping for a young professional or simply want something fashionable for taking lunch to the playground, I guarantee you’ll be more likely to brown bag it if you have one of these hip and stylish reusable lunch bags!
4. Calphalon Contemporary 11-inch Nonstick Grill Pan: I’m not sure where you live but chances are someone on your gift list lives in a cold climate and could benefit from this nonstick grill pan! Grilling meats is not only fast but it is one of the healthiest cooking techniques out there. This pan will be used again and again, all year round.
5. Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband: My friends tease me because I always have my Fitbit on my wrist but I wear it because it works! Ideal for the yogi or weight lifter in your life, I prefer the HR version that monitors heart rate in addition to steps.
6. J.A. Henckel’s Classic International 8-inch Chef’s Knife: Ask any foodie what they couldn’t live without in the kitchen and almost inevitably they will say a high quality chef’s knife. An ideal gift for newlyweds, foodies or anyone looking to cook at home and live healthier, you can’t go wrong with this 8-inch chef’s knife.
7. Simply Scratched Cookbook by Laurie McNamara: Packed with over 100 recipes made from scratch, this beautiful new book from a fellow Michigan blogger is filled with easy and delicious recipes. A great gift for someone living on their own for the first time or a busy mom looking to cook wholesome meals for their family.
8. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown: The ultimate gift for the entrepreneur in your life, this book completely changed my life for the better. Full of practical, simple tips, this book explains why being busy isn’t the same as being productive. A must read for anyone who is self employed!
9. KitchenAid Waffle Baker with CeramaSheild Nonstick Coating: For anyone who loves a good Sunday brunch or feeding a crowd, this is the ultimate waffle maker for the foodie in your life. We love making homemade waffles because it allows us to use whole grain flours and control the amount of sugar in the batter. This gift is sure to put a smile on someone’s face this season!
10. Silpat Nonstick Baking Mats: An absolute must for the baker in your life, I live and breath by these silicone baking mats. Whether you’re toasting nuts, baking cookies or making granola, these baking mats are the secret to fool-proof nonstick baking.
Ok it’s your turn! What is on your wish list this year? I’d love to hear from you.