Are you sick of the same old green salad night after night? Liven up your salad plate with my Antipasto Village Salad. My secret ingredient is giardiniera, an Italian condiement found in the pickle aisle (or Italian section) of most grocery stores. If you love pickles, you will love giardiniera, a mixture of pickled vegetables including cauliflower, carrots, celery and peppers. Mild or spicy – pick your fancy. You can eat it plain or finely chop them to garnish sandwiches or perk up a salad like I’ve done today.
In this Post: Everything you need for Antipasto Village Salad
Give your greens the day off and try this Antipasto Village Salad today!
Your fork is waiting.
Antipasto Village Salad
- 1 c roasted red peppers (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- ½ c giardiniera (finely chopped)
- 2 in red peppers (seeded and chopped 1″ pieces)
- 2 in large tomatoes (cut 1″ pieces)
- ¼ c parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, wisk together minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and as much salt and pepper as you wish (to taste).
- Add roasted peppers, cucumber, giardiniera, red pepper, tomato and parsley.
- Toss to combine and serve.