This bright and flavorful arugula salad is topped with roasted Little Potatoes, caramelized roasted asparagus and creamy goat cheese.
Asparagus season is one of my favorite times of the year because it is a sure sign that warmer days are ahead! Since I always have Creamer potatoes on hand, from The Little Potato Company, I decided to celebrate the season with a fast and easy arugula, asparagus and potato salad that eats more like a hearty side dish.
To cut down the cooking time and get dinner on the table faster, I use these Little Potatoes because they are conveniently pre-washed, and consistent in size, and I always halve my potatoes too. While you can certainly keep them whole, halving them allows you to get as much of the surface caramelized as possible.
Instead of using multiple pans, I simply roast the potatoes side by side with the asparagus in a large baking sheet. A little olive oil, salt and pepper is all you need but feel freer to get creative and add your favorite spices.
Arugula is tossed with lemon juice and olive oil then topped with the creamy roasted Little Potatoes, the caramelized asparagus and the tangy goat cheese.
For added freshness, I love sprinkling the whole platter with fresh herbs like basil but dill or parsley would work well too.
Your fork is waiting.
Arugula Salad with Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus and Goat Cheese
- 12 potatoes Terrific Trio or other Little Potato Company variety (halved)
- 1 bunch asparagus (cut in two-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (divided )
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled )
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh basil (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Scatter potatoes and asparagus on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Use hands to mix well to coat. Roast potatoes and asparagus until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, place arugula in a bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Add lemon juice then toss to coat. Place roasted asparagus, potatoes and goat cheese on top to serve. Sprinkle with minced basil if you wish.
Want more satisfying salad recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!