This fresh twist on avocado toast, this easy breakfast or lunch recipe is topped with pickled red onions, crunchy radish slices and crumbled cotija cheese.
I think I’ve made it pretty clear how much I love my job but it was reconfirmed once again when my dear friends at Sabra asked me to create an avocado toast recipe for all of you to enjoy.
The occasion? We are celebrating the arrival of their latest product: Veggie Fusions Guacamole! If you haven’t tried it yet, you must be on the lookout for it at your grocery store. Containing 30% less fat than traditional guacamole and only 40 calories per serving, each bite is made up of 30% vegetables!
For my Mexican-inspired spin on avocado toast, I decided to use the Southwestern flavor. Filled with corn, black beans, peppers and other crunchy vegetables, each bite is packed with goodness.
To bring together all of the flavors, I quickly pickled some thinly sliced red onions in a little lime juice and salt. Radish slices add a crunchy texture and crumbled cotija cheese adds a tangy creaminess.
The end result? Your new favorite avocado toast.
No forks required.
Avocado Toast with Radish and Cotija Cheese
- 4 slices crusty whole grain bread toasted
- 1 cup Sabra Veggie Fusions - Southwestern
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- 2 ounces cotija cheese - crumbled
- 4 large radishes thinly sliced
- cilantro sprigs optional garnish
- In a small bowl, toss together onion slices with lime juice and a pinch of salt to taste; let sit for 5 minutes or up to overnight.
- Top each piece of toasted whole grain bread with 1/4 cup of the Sabra Veggie Fusions avocado spread.
- Place equal parts pickled red onions, crumbled cotija cheese and radish slices on top of each toast. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Sabra Tastemaker. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
For more great healthy breakfast recipes check out my Pinterest board!