These protein-packed buckwheat pancakes are filled with juicy blueberries and hearty whole grains.
Pancakes make me smile. Anyone else? I don’t know whether it’s because we usually make them on leisurely Sunday mornings or because my boys always light up at the sound of anything involving maple syrup but they just make me so dang happy.
Whenever I make pancakes, I like to fold in fresh fruit to boost the nutritional value. Blueberries are always an obvious choice but mashed bananas, raspberries and blackberries work well too.
For added texture, protein and fiber, I love using buckwheat pancake mix. Not only are they delicious fresh off the griddle but they freeze fabulously.
If you’ve never frozen pancakes before, check out my guide on How to Freeze and Reheat Pancakes. You’ll be so happy to have them in your freeze on a busy weekday morning.
Your fork is waiting.
Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill buckwheat pancake mix
- 2 cups milk (or more to thin batter)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup to serve
- Pre-heat nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, milk, eggs, oil and cinnamon until smooth. If the batter seems too thick, add a little more milk.
- Fold in blueberries then pour batter on hot griddle, 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side. Serve with maple syrup if you wish.
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy breakfast recipes!
Hi, canola oil should be avoided at all cost in cooking. It’s not healthy. You can use grape seed oil or sunflower oil.
Stack of pure perfection :)
I want these for breakfast!!!
Those blueberries look great! Gorgeous photos!
Thank you so much!!! xo
I’ve been doing weekend pancakes as well and can you believe that my child is NOT EVEN INTERESTED?! She’s like, where’s my yogurt with peanut butter. GRRRR. One day she’ll see the light. And in the meantime, I’ll just feast on these.
Actually you know whats funny? Rich said the boys turned down waffles the other night when I was out of town?!?!?
I want someone to make these beauties for me for Mother’s Day!
I hope someone does!