A fast and fresh seafood dinner, this roasted brown sugar salmon is served over a crunchy jicama mint salad.
One of our favorite recipes is this gorgeous roasted brown sugar salmon served over a crunchy jicama mint salad made with fennel and arugula. The flavor of the dish were perfectly balanced and the high amount of protein and fiber left me satisfied but not weighed down. Ready in less than 30 minutes, it truly was a weeknight dinner dream come true.
Your fork is waiting.
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon with Jicama Salad
- 2 six ounce – salmon fillets
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 juice of half an orange
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt (divided)
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 ounce arugula
- ½ ounce fresh mint
- 1.25 ounces sliced fennel root
- 6 ounces jicama sticks
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with oil.
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, half of the juice from the orange, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place salmon on the prepared baking sheet and spoon brown sugar mixture over. Roast until just cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
- While salmon is roasting, in the same small bowl whisk together remaining orange juice, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the arugula, mint, fennel and jicama. Set aside.
- In a small saute pan over medium-high heat, add the almonds and cook, tossing often, until JUST beginning to brown. Set aside.
- Right before serving, whisk dressing again and toss with salad.
- To serve, place salmon on a platter and top with salad. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
LOVE salmon, and all of the flavors here!
I adore salmon, and the brown sugar/orange combo sounds like the perfect addition to it! :) Definitely need to try Terra’s Kitchen!
I hope you love it!! it was so so good!
LOVED Terra’s! I don’t remember seeing this salmon when I chose my meals, bummer because that jicama salad is totally up my alley!
It’s so funny I said the same thing when I saw your lamb dishes haha!
I love all the fresh flavors in this meal (that salad sounds beautiful with the salmon!), off to check out Terra’s Kitchen!
You and your family will love it Brenda!