These low carb, gluten free cheeseburgers are served in a lettuce wrap with sweet and spicy ketchup.
Grilling season is in full force and I am fired up!! (See what I did there?) This year is particularly exciting because we are replacing our back deck to make it a little bigger and easier for entertaining friends and family.
Whether I’m hosting friends for a backyard BBQ or just making a quick weeknight dinner, grilling always takes the stress out of meal prep. Not only does most of the mess stay outside but there are no pans or dishes to clean up afterwards. Win win!
Most recently I decided to turn my family’s favorite, cheeseburgers, into a low carb, gluten free lettuce wrap. Topped with Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Medium White Cheddar Sliced Cheese and a drizzle of sweet and spicy Sriracha ketchup, no one ever complains when cheeseburgers are on the menu.
To make it fun and interactive, I love setting up a little garnish/toppings bar where my kids or friends can help themselves. Whether it’s thinly sliced onions, pickles, mustard or tomatoes, everyone can mix and match garnishes to make customize their bunless cheeseburgers.
Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sliced Cheese is already pre-cut and perfectly portioned which once again makes mealtime easy and stress-free. Read: no need for additional cutting boards or dirty knives.
Of course, any variety of Tillamook Sliced Cheese works so feel free to try these burgers with Pepper Jack, Swiss or Extra Sharp. No matter which flavor you choose, you’ll love the thicker slices which allow for better melting and a bolder flavor.
If you want to kick the heat up a notch, add a little more Sriracha to the ketchup. Prefer to keep it mild for the kiddos? Serve it on the side at the table so adults can add their own.
No forks required.
Bunless Cheeseburgers with Sriracha Ketchup
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Medium White Cheddar Sliced Cheese
- 8 leaves iceburg or bibb lettuce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- red onions thinly sliced
- hamburger pickles
- tomatoes thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the grill on high heat. Pour oil onto a large plate; set aside. While grill is heating, divide the meat into four sections and form into four patties, about ¾ inch thick. Place patties on top of plate lined with oil and turn once to coat. Sprinkle both sides evenly with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers over high heat for about 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until you reach desired consistency. Top each burger with one slice of Tillamook Cheddar Sliced Cheese during the last minute of cook time to melt.
- While burgers are grilling, whisk together the Sriracha ketchup; set aside.
- To serve, wrap each burger in one or two lettuce leaves and top with Sriracha ketchup and desired optional garnishes.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl // Photography by Alejandro Photography
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Tillamook Influencer Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Want more naturally gluten free dish ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!