A bright and fresh potato salad recipe, this twist on the classic Caprese is bursting with fresh mozzarella, basil, and arugula.
Summer entertaining season is in full swing and now that we are moved into our new house, I plan to take advantage! Whether it’s a casual Sunday dinner with the extended family or a girl’s night backyard BBQ, I will take any excuse to host friends and family for a meal.
Whether you enjoy hosting or have a calendar full of potlucks, picnics, and parties to attend, I always find myself looking for a quick and easy side dish recipe. Since summer entertaining should be kept casual, I typically throw chicken, steak, or fish on the grill and serve it with fresh, simple side dishes like this Caprese Potato Salad.
Traditionally made with just tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella, I decided to turn it into a heartier side dish by adding potatoes. For a little spicy kick I toss in baby arugula and drizzle it with olive oil and lemon juice.
Cherry tomatoes would be perfect but I use red bell peppers so my husband will eat the dish. Marriage is all about sacrifice, am I right?
Your fork is waiting.
Caprese Potato Salad
- 1 container Microwave Ready The Little Potato Company – Garlic Parsley
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes or seeded red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups arugula
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cubed
- ¼ cup minced basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes according to package instructions and place in a large bowl reserving the herb seasoning packet for a later use.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, remove from tray and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place in a medium bowl along with tomato or red bell pepper. Toss with olive oil and lemon juice to coat.
- Add in arugula, mozzarella and basil then toss to combine once more. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Check out more vegetarian recipes on my Pinterest board!