This cheesy, protein-packed enchilada quinoa bake is filled with shredded chicken, black beans and veggies. The ultimate crowd-pleasing dinner recipe!
I love being in the kitchen all year round but there is something a little extra special about fall cooking. Let’s be real, as the temps continue to drop, sometimes there is nothing better than turning on the warm oven and cozying up in the kitchen.
Or maybe it just feels good to provide comfort and sustenance to friends and family during such a busy time of year when people need it most.
Whatever the reason, I find myself gravitating to the kitchen more and more this time of year in search of comfort food. Of course, just because it’s comfort food doesn’t mean it can’t be nutritious.
This Cheesy Enchilada Quinoa Bake is protein-packed and filled with tender chicken, black beans, quinoa and loads of hearty veggies.
To take this Mexican inspired enchilada quinoa bake to the next level, I top the entire dish with Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Mexican 4 Shredded Cheese. Ideal for melting, Tillamook’s cheese is shredded into thick, generous shreds the farmstyle way. Check out this convenient Where to Buy Tool to find out where Tillamook is sold near you.
Do you love to entertain? This quinoa bake is perfect for game day, feeding the family before heading out on Halloween or for a casual, cozy night in with friends.
Want to get ahead? This Cheesy Enchilada Quinoa Bake is great for freezing. In fact, I love making two at a time so I can stash one in the freezer to gift to a friend who might be in need of a warm meal out of the blue at a later time.
Last but not least, don’t forget to garnish! We love creamy cubes of avocado, minced red onion and cilantro but get creative and make it your own. Diced tomatoes, black olives or jalapeños would all be great toppers as well.
Your fork is waiting.
Cheesy Enchilada Quinoa Bake
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (such as rotisserie)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles (drained)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Tillamook Mexican 4 Blend Shredded Cheese
- cilantro, red onion, avocado (optional garnishes)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and have a 9 x 13 baking dish ready to use.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 12 ingredients (cooked quinoa through pepper). Spread mixture into an even layer in baking dish then top with Tillamook Mexican 4 Blend Shredded Cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and bake is starting to bubble around the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with optional garnishes before serving.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl // Photography by Alejandro Photography
Disclosure: This post was written in partnership with Tillamook. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible.
Looking for more healthy and easy dinner recipes? Head over to my Pinterest Board for more crowd pleasing dinner ideas!