A fast 20-minute weeknight dinner recipe, your whole family will love this healthy chicken and broccoli stir fry!
You know those go-to recipes you make again and again? The ones you make when you don’t know what you’re making for dinner? Yea, me too. And today I’m sharing mine: Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry.
Made with just a few simple fresh ingredients like boneless chicken breasts and broccoli florets, this entire dinner recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes.
To make sure I always have what I need on hand for quick and healthy stir-fries, I always keep my pantry fully stocked with Asian staples including sesame oil, rice vinegar and hoisin.
As I always say, this recipe is more of a general guideline and isn’t meant to be followed to a T. Chicken can be swapped with pork, beef or shrimp. Broccoli can be replaced with asparagus, green beans or zucchini. Make it your own, just make it for dinner tonight.
Your chopsticks are waiting.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast cubed boneless & skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Preheat a large wok or deep pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken cubes with half of the salt (1/2 teaspoon) and pepper and sauté in hot pan until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli to the hot pan along with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 8 ingredients (chicken broth through sesame oil) and pour mixture into pan over the chicken and broccoli.
- Saute chicken and broccoli until broccoli is bright green and tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over brown rice if you wish.
Craving Asian Food? Head over to Pinterest for more recipes!