Corn tortillas are quickly charred then filled with shredded chicken and a fresh avocado citrus salsa. Your family will love this easy chicken taco recipe.
As our citrus-themed weekly meal plan continues, I’m excited to share this quick, delicious and easy recipe just in time for #TacoTuesday! Made with just a few fresh ingredients, you are only minutes away from transforming yesterday’s Asian Citrus Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken into Chicken Tacos with Avocado Citrus Salsa.
Topped with bright lime juice, creamy avocado and juicy oranges, every bite of these slightly-charred chicken tacos are going to send your taste buds on over drive.
As always, I recommend slightly warming the corn tortillas over a stove-top flame by flipping them with metal tongs a few seconds per side until lightly charred and pliable.
The end result? A fresh twist on taco night that you’ll be making again and again. These chicken tacos with avocado citrus salsa are going to be a huge hit with the whole family.
No forks required.
Chicken Tacos with Avocado Citrus Salsa
- 4 servings leftover Asian Citrus Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 8 corn tortillas
Avocado Citrus Salsa
- 2 avocado (pitted and cubed)
- 2 seedless oranges – any variety (such as Cara Cara or Navel)
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup minced cilantro
- 1 jalapeno – minced (remove seeds to keep mild)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm up the leftover shredded chicken in the microwave until hot – 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss together all of the Avocado Citrus Salsa ingredients. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly; set aside.
- Slightly warm the corn tortillas over an open flame using metal tongs. Flip the tortillas 2-3 times per side until slightly charred and pliable.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with shredded chicken and a heaping spoonful of the Avocado Citrus Salsa.
For more Healthy Mexican Eats make sure you head to my Pinterest page!