Corn tortillas are quickly charred then filled with shredded chicken and a fresh avocado citrus salsa. Your family will love this easy chicken taco recipe.
As our citrus-themed weekly meal plan continues, I’m excited to share this quick, delicious and easy recipe just in time for #TacoTuesday! Made with just a few fresh ingredients, you are only minutes away from transforming yesterday’s Asian Citrus Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken into Chicken Tacos with Avocado Citrus Salsa.
Topped with bright lime juice, creamy avocado and juicy oranges, every bite of these slightly-charred chicken tacos are going to send your taste buds on over drive.
As always, I recommend slightly warming the corn tortillas over a stove-top flame by flipping them with metal tongs a few seconds per side until lightly charred and pliable.
The end result? A fresh twist on taco night that you’ll be making again and again. These chicken tacos with avocado citrus salsa are going to be a huge hit with the whole family.
No forks required.
Chicken Tacos with Avocado Citrus Salsa
- 4 servings leftover Asian Citrus Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 8 corn tortillas
Avocado Citrus Salsa
- 2 avocado (pitted and cubed)
- 2 seedless oranges – any variety (such as Cara Cara or Navel)
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup minced cilantro
- 1 jalapeno – minced (remove seeds to keep mild)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm up the leftover shredded chicken in the microwave until hot – 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss together all of the Avocado Citrus Salsa ingredients. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly; set aside.
- Slightly warm the corn tortillas over an open flame using metal tongs. Flip the tortillas 2-3 times per side until slightly charred and pliable.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with shredded chicken and a heaping spoonful of the Avocado Citrus Salsa.
For more Healthy Mexican Eats make sure you head to my Pinterest page!
Made these for dinner tonight and they were wonderful! Thanks for the recipe! I’ll definitely be making these again.
Oh I’m so glad you liked them Jon!! Let me know what you try next!
I love how light and refreshing these look!
They are so good and easy to make!
There’s just so much to love about this taco!! Can’t wait to try it!! Gorgeous photos Liz!
Aww thank you so much! Let me know if you try them!!
That chicken looks incredible – and you know I’m always about the taco.
Girlfriend. TACOS are life.
These look so bright and fresh!! And delicious, of course… ;)
Awww thank you!! Bright and fresh is my favorite! :)
Love this, Liz. So fresh – we could eat tacos 7 nights a week! Love the salsa!
Oh my gosh I could too Sandy!!! xoxo
I love all the flavors in here! I’m excited for citrus week. I’m all for all things citrus right now! Or actually, since the day after Christmas. ;)
ahaha same here!!! Citrus is the best!