This simple, three-ingredient appetizer recipe is the ultimate crowd pleaser! Baby potatoes are stuffed with chipotle infused hummus in this naturally gluten free, vegan recipe.
My husband grew up in Boston and I lived there for 9 years so while we aren’t a huge sports family, we will definitely be cheering on the Pats during the big game. Make no mistake – I’m just here for the commercials and the appetizers.
If you’re hosting a crowd or just making some snacks for you and your crew at home, these stuffed potato bites are filled with smoky chipotle infused hummus. Naturally vegan and gluten free, they are the ultimate crowd-pleaser.
To give the potatoes maximum flavor, I like to roast them in olive oil before filling them with the hummus. This gives the already silky Little Potato Company potatoes even more flavor and the perfect crispy outside.
No forks required. Go Pats!
Chipotle Hummus Stuffed Potato Bites
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss potato halves with olive oil, salt and pepper to coat. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, mix together hummus and chipotle peppers in a small bowl then transfer to a resealable plastic bag that you will use as a pastry bag to stuff the potatoes.
- When potatoes come out of the oven, let them cool enough to touch. Using a small melon scoop or spoon, carefully remove the filling of the potato; discard.
- Remove the air from the plastic bag by pushing all of the hummus mixture to one end. Carefully snip a small hole out of one corner then gently fill each potato half with the hummus to serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Brand Ambassador for The Little Potato Company. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Check out my Pinterest board that is filled with more healthy appetizer recipes!