These fluffy chocolate banana Greek yogurt pancakes are full of flavor and protein-packed!
Friends, we did it!! We made it to the final week of the #HealthyNewYear Six-Week Challenge!! And our final challenge is a good one: Incorporating Full Fat Foods into a Healthy Diet. After all, fat is not the enemy. I’m looking at you Fat-Free Snackwell Cookies.
To kick us off, we have partnered with my dear friends at Stonyfield to celebrate the launch of their brand new product line of whole milk Greek yogurt. That’s right friends, full fat Greek yogurt!! The thick, creamy and decadent yogurt is not only packed with protein but is made with full fat milk to keep you satiated and satisfied.
You know what else it does? It creates killer pancakes that are light, fluffy and cake-like. I used the plain whole milk Greek yogurt in these Chocolate Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes so that the ripe bananas and cocoa powder could really stand out but vanilla would work well too or even cherry.
We topped them with banana slices and a maple syrup but melted creamy peanut butter wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Just sayin’… BTW Be sure to head over and check out Dara’s Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos with Chili Lime Yogurt. Trust me, you’re going to want to her recipe.
Your fork is waiting.
Chocolate Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- slices banana and maple syrup optional garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour through nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together wet ingredients: bananas through vanilla. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined being careful not to over mix.
- Preheat non-stick griddle to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a ladle, pour batter on to griddle and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve pancakes with banana slices and maple syrup if you wish.
Disclosure: We are honored to have Stonyfield as a sponsor of this week’s #HealthyNewYear challenge. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Did you miss weeks 1-5 of the #HealthyNewYear Six-Week Challenge? No problem… take a look back now and start your journey today!
- Week 1: Create a Protein-Packed Breakfast
- Week 2: Create an Ethnic-Inspired Dinner
- Week 3: Try a New Lean Protein
- Week 4: Reduce Sodium with Lemon Juice
- Week 5: Healthy Snacking for the Big Game and Beyond
It’s also not too late to join the Healthy New Year 6-Week Challenge Facebook page today and join the close to 1,000 who have already committed to healthier living. Be sure to tag myself (@TheLemonBowl) and Dara (@CookinCanuck) on social media along with #HealthyNewYear so we can rally behind you!
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas are waiting for you on Pinterest!