At only 149 calories and egg free, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are full of whole grains, healthy fats, and protein.
5 Reasons To Make These Today:
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Banana. ‘Nuff said.
For just 149 calories, you will get healthy fats, whole grains, protein and nutrients.
Egg-free, flour-free, oil-free.
Versatile recipe: no dried cherries? Use raisins. Hate walnuts? Use pecans or skip entirely.
They taste like a cookie.
Your fork is waiting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins (egg free)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 c natural peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 c natural apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs flax seed meal
- 2 tbs toasted wheat germ (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch pinch ground cloves
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- 1/3 c dried cherries (or raisins)
- 1/3 c walnuts (chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, apple sauce, vanilla, flax, wheat germ, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir in oats, cherries and walnuts.
- Scoop mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.