A fruity flavored smoothie packed with vitamins to balance out the indulgent holiday season. Layering only takes a few extra minutes but the wow factor can’t be beat.
Friends, please welcome my dear friend Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots who has so graciously created this beautiful, protein-packed smoothie for all of you! Although a blogger doesn’t technically get maternity leave, I decided to get a little help in the coming weeks so that I can enjoy this special time with our new baby.
In the weeks to come, I look forward to introducing you to a few of my favorite healthy food bloggers – just in time for new years resolution season! Because trust me, Mama needs to get back into her non-maternity clothes asap. :) Be sure to check out Caroline’s website. You will love her Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles, Curried Coconut Soup with Brown Rice and Salted Fudge Brownies just to name a few!
Hey everyone, I’m Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots, a blog where I make your favorite desserts a little healthier for you, with a side of my calorie-free cutie pie, Liam! I can’t tell you how excited I am for you, Liz, and your family on the birth of baby Jacob. I know Asher is already becoming such a wonderful big brother!
By now I’m sure Jacob has become a pro at family gatherings having already aced his first Thanksgiving.
With Christmas just around the corner, the holiday eating is in full gear. While I never want to be a scrooge and not indulge in the decadent holiday desserts, why not try substituting those crazy caloric desserts with a holiday smoothie like this one!
Layering a smoothie just takes a few more extra minutes, but the wow factor will hit the spot. It’ll be sure to get the kids in the holiday spirit (not to mention giving them some great nutrients)!
The fruity flavor of these smoothies is superb and they are completely naturally colored. That’s a beautiful thing.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy these festive smoothies!
Christmas Layered Smoothie
- 12 ounces unsweetened almond milk (divided)
- 20 inch one slices frozen banana (divided)
- 5 whole strawberries
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 scoop scoop vanilla protein powder (divided)
- In a blender (I used my Blendtec), blend half of the almond milk, half of the frozen bananas, all of the strawberries and 1/2 of the protein powder until smooth. Pour into your glasses, 1/3 the way up.
- Place your 1/3rd filled glasses in the freezer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, set the remaining strawberry smoothie in the fridge while we make the green. If you don’t have two blender jars, pour the strawberry smoothie into a large bowl, place in the fridge and rinse your blender jar.
- Blend the remaining half of the almond milk, half of the frozen bananas, all of the spinach and half of the protein powder together until smooth. Pour over the strawberry portion of your glasses until 1/3 the way up. Place in the freezer. Store the remaining spinach smoothie in the fridge until you’re ready for the next layer.