Toasted hazelnuts and sweet dried blueberries add flavor and texture to this addictive and healthy Coconut Granola with Blueberries and Hazelnuts.
My husband is a granola-addict and eats it for breakfast almost daily. He isn’t picky and will eat almost any variety but I always feel a bit better about his obsession if I make him a batch from scratch.
While convenient, store-bought granola is usually full of more sugar, salt and fillers than you need. Besides that, it’s crazy expensive and so easy to make at home. Homemade granola is not only cheaper but you can control the quality of ingredients.
Plus, it’s fun to mix and match with whatever dried fruits, nuts and other ingredients you have on hand. This particular batch of Coconut Granola with Blueberries and Hazelnuts was inspired by a bag of chopped hazelnuts that I had on hand.
For a chocolate fix, check out my Almond Joy Granola. If you want to keep it old school, you can’t go wrong with the classic combination of raisins and brown sugar. The possible flavor combinations are endless.
Your spoon is waiting.
Blueberry Coconut Granola with Hazelnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats, hazelnuts, coconut, flax seed, cinnamon and salt.
- Drizzle oat mixture with melted coconut oil and honey then use a rubber spatula to make sure all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with oven-safe parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and spread granola mixture out in an even layer.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let granola cool on cooling rack for 30 minutes before pouring into a large bowl. Toss dried blueberries into the granola before serving.