I do have a few favorite crock pot recipes and I’m today I’m sharing my latest one that’s a delicious chicken ragu that I serve over whole wheat pasta. As with most of my recipes, it is more of a method than a specific recipe. Feel free to swap out or add different vegetables or spices. The crock pot is fabulous for cooking chicken breasts because the slow cooking allows the meat to slowly absorb the juices of the other ingredients. By the end of the cooking time, the chicken beasts will be fork tender and easily shred to tender perfection. The best part? No oil or butter is required.
Your fork is waiting.
Crock Pot Chicken Ragu
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 c fresh parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts and add to the bottom of a crock pot.
- Add in tomatoes, zucchini, red pepper, garlic and seasonings.
- Cook on High for 4 hours of Low for 8 hours.
- Add fresh basil and parsley 10 minutes before serving. Tastes great over whole wheat pasta garnished with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano, basil and parsley.