Recently, I went out to lunch with a couple of girl friends to one of our favorite local joints, Electric Cheetah. Their menu is always changing so I was excited to their new salad, “Cilantro City USA”, featuring roasted spiced chick peas. Although I’ve read about this tasty ingredient in cooking magazines and online, I had never made them myself. The result: a fantastic, crunchy, salty, protein-packed addition to my salad.
In typical Liz fashion, I had to run home and see if I could make them myself. I did. They are fantastic. Do it.
Oven Roasted Chick Pea Recipe
- 15 oz can chick peas drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbs cumin optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dry chick peas with paper towel to remove any excess water from rinsing.
- Coat chick peas evenly with olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper; spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crispy.