Happy December! The past few weeks adjusting to our new life with a newborn and a busy toddler have FLOWN by. I honestly can’t believe Christmas is just a few weeks away but I am excited to be celebrating as a family of four this year!
As a thank you to all of our readers, I have joined forces with 11 other incredible food bloggers to offer a 12 Day Favorite Things Giveaway. We have all created our own customized gift baskets full of OUR favorite things in the kitchen. Here are my kitchen “must haves” that I am thrilled to be giving away to one lucky reader:
Starting at the top going clockwise:
1. EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Food Scale: From weighing flour for holiday baking to weighing out a 1 ounce serving of almonds, I use this food scale almost every day. It takes the guess work out of portion control and allows you to measure in ounces, grams or pounds.
2. Microplane Premium Grater/Zester: If you want to kick up the flavor of anything from salad dressing to marinated chicken breasts, raw garlic is your friend. Instead of dirtying a cutting board, knife or garlic press, use a microplane to create the perfect garlic puree that will dissolve into any dish. As a result, no one will end up with a big chunk of raw garlic! Of course, it’s also ideal for grating Parmigiano Reggiano, lemon zest, ginger root and more.
3. OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop: I use this cookie scoop every time I bake cookies, muffins or anything else that needs to be consistently measured. In fact, I even use it for filling my pork dumplings. The batter pops right out of the scoop and is much easier to use than two teaspoons. And I don’t know about you but when I bake cookies, I like to make them on the smaller size so that I can eat 2 or 3 vs. just one. :)
4. OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker: January is around the corner and chances are you’re going to be eating more salads than ever. Instead of purchasing bottled dressing full of creepy ingredients, artificial sweeteners or corn syrup, why not make your own? It’s so easy to create one big batch of dressing in the beginning of the week and use it all week long. Here are a few of my favorite homemade salad dressings that all take 5 minutes or less to make:
5. OXO Good Grips Adjustable Mini Measuring Cup: I always joke that I would be a size 2 if peanut butter didn’t exist. But, it does. So instead I measure it out into a proper portion. This measuring cup is ideal for measuring sticky ingredients like peanut butter, almond butter, coconut oil and more.
What are your must-have gadgets in the kitchen? I’d love to hear from you.