When warm weather hits, I love cooling off with a slushy, delicious drink such as this Frozen Cherry Lime Ricky. By blending fresh or frozen fruit with a little ice and simple syrup, you are well on your way to a healthier happy hour. My recipe doesn’t include alcohol but this would be fabulous with rum. No cherries? No problem. Try the same method with frozen peaches, fresh watermelon or raspberries. No limes? Use lemons. No rum? Use vodka.
Your straw is waiting.
Frozen Cherry Lime Ricky
- 14 oz bag frozen sweet cherries pitted
- ⅓ c sugar
- ⅔ c water
- 1 Juice of lime
- 12 oz club soda
- Ice about two handfuls
- Make simple syrup by heating sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place the cherries in a blender and add simple syrup and lime juice.
- Blend well to puree.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly amongst 6 glasses.
- Top off with club soda before serving.