The ultimate warm weather refreshment, this frozen lemonade is made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a splash of rose water.
In this Post: Everything you need for Frozen Lemonade with Rose Water
Growing up, my mom and aunts would always flavor lemonade with a splash of orange blossom or rose water. Popular in Middle Eastern cuisine, these all-natural flavor enhancers are nothing more than water steeped with either orange blossoms or rose petals.
To this day, lemonade just isn’t lemonade without a hint of orange blossom water or rose water. The floral aroma pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy lemonade. You’ll also see these waters used frequently to flavor desserts such as baklava or even hard candies.
This Frozen Lemonade with Rose Water is extra special because today we are celebrating the beautiful and talented Catherine of Weelicious. She is getting ready to have her third baby this summer so a bunch of your favorite food bloggers got together to throw a Surprise Virtual Baby Shower in Catherine’s honor!
You probably recognize Catherine from The Chew, Food Network or one of her many incredible cookbooks. I’ve had the honor of meeting her several times in person and she is just as radiant, gorgeous and inspiring as she appears on TV. Did I mention gorgeous?
Congratulations, Catherine, to you and your growing family! I’m so excited to see photos of your new addition!!
Frozen Lemonade with Rose Water
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup simple syrup (see below)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2-3 scoops ice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- slices lemon (optional garnish)
- To prepare simple syrup, heat sugar and water in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Stir frequently until bubbles start to form around the edges, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place lemon juice, cooled simple syrup, rose water and ice in a high speed blender and puree until thick and slushy. Add more ice to reach desired consistency.
- To serve, pour into four glasses and garnish with lemon slices.