This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Meijer. The opinions and text are all mine. This flavorful garlic and rosemary studded New York strip roast is ideal for serving a crowd and elegant enough for entertaining.
While we enjoy eating various cuts of beef all year round, I find myself particularly drawn to the larger roasts during the busy holiday entertaining season.
Versatile, show-stopping and idea for feeding a crowd, you really can’t go wrong when a beef roast is on your holiday menu.
Earlier this month my friends at Meijer invited me to the Certified Angus Beef headquarters in Wooster, Ohio. During this brief visit I was able to learn all about the various cuts of meat, proper grilling techniques as well as how to perfectly roast beef.
If you’re anything like me, you may be a bit intimidated with proper cook times and oven temperatures for all the various sizes and cuts of beef. Trust me – I get it! Standing Rib Roast, Boneless Eye of Round Roast, English Roast… it can get a little overwhelming keeping them all straight, especially when you’re feeding a crowd on a special holiday.
One of the best tips I learned during my visit to Certified Angus Beef was that they’ve created a mobile app to help you gain the confidence you need and learn the skills required to perfectly cook beef. I urge you to download their Roast Perfect App which provides a customized roast timer, recipes, tips, store locators and more.
I fell in love with the strip roast, after trying it during my visit to Ohio, which is the same cut of beef that the more popular New York strip steak comes from. Lean, tender and full of flavor, I highly recommend it for your next holiday gathering or family meal.
If for any reason you have trouble finding this cut of beef at your local Meijer store, simply ask for assistance at the meat counter.
For maximum flavor, garlic slivers and rosemary sprigs are studded throughout the entire beef strip roast. Other than that, the only additional ingredients needed are pantry staples like olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried spices.
The ultimate beef roast for serving on a special occasion, I love thinly slicing the leftovers for sandwiches, salads, and wraps.
Happy Holidays everyone! Your fork is waiting.
Garlic and Rosemary Studded Strip Roast
- 1 4-pound Certified Angus Beef strip roast
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Meijer brand)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cloves garlic (quartered lengthwise )
- 4-5 rosemary sprigs (cut about 1-inch in length yielding 20 pieces)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and have a roasting pan ready to go.
- In a small bowl, mix together grated garlic, olive oil, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Using a small paring knife, cut 15-20 slits about 1-inch deep spaced out evenly around the roast. Rub salt mixture evenly all over the roast. Roast at 450 for 15 minutes to sear then remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325.
- Once the roast is slightly cooled to handle, carefully insert garlic and rosemary sprigs into the pre-made slits throughout. Return to oven and continue cooking about 1 hour and 5 minutes for medium rare doneness.
- Let roast rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain to serve.
Want more delicious dinner recipes? Check out my Pinterest board full of healthy dinner recipes!