Creamy goat cheese and fresh pesto top lightly toasted crostini to create this bite-sized appetizer perfect for any party or celebration.
When it comes to party food, I almost always gravitate towards the savory dishes. Cheese platters, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp cocktail…sign me up! This tasty appetizer combines two of my favorite flavors: goat cheese and pesto. The lightly toasted crostini provides just the right amount of crunch to balance out the creamy textures of the topping.
Roasted Red Peppers Goats Cheese Crostini
- 30 slices French baguette bread ½ in. thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz goat cheese
- ⅔ cup pesto homemade or store-bought
- 30 slices roasted red pepper homemade or store-bought
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and spread out evenly on pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 7-9 minutes. Let cool slightly before assembling.
- To assemble crostini, spread 1 teaspoon of pesto on each piece of baguette then top with thin slice of goat cheese.
- Garnish with a roasted red pepper slice and serve on a platter at room temperature.