Greek Marinated Grilled Eggplant and Summer Squash is an easy and versatile recipe perfect for any veggies in season including asparagus, zucchini, red peppers, onions and more.
Greek Marinated Grilled VegetablesOne of the hottest foods trends right now is locally sourced food. Chances are if you don’t have a garden growing in your own backyard you either frequent a farmers market, belong to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), or have visited a nearby farm stand recently.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love sharing photos from the farmers market, apple orchards, blueberry farms and more.
While most of us love visiting farmers markets, I know that people often avoid certain fruits or vegetables because they simply don’t know how to use them. I recently polled my friends on Facebook to learn that pattypan squash, fennel, radishes, beets, eggplant, rutabaga, parsnips, artichokes and leeks are top on that list.
Greek Marinated Grilled Eggplant and Summer Squash is an easy and versatile recipe perfect for any veggies in season including asparagus, zucchini, red peppers, onions and more. In fact, when I don’t feel like taking the time to make Lebanese Stuffed Kusa Squash I love to simply slice and grill it.
For more delicious ideas, here are additional recipes from a few of my friends to give you the courage to pick up that crazy looking kohlrabi or whatever else it is you see at the market this week!
Your farm stand is waiting.
Greek Marinated Grilled Vegetables
- 1 in medium eggplant (sliced 1/2 inch rounds)
- 1 large zucchini (sliced on the diagonal)
- 1 in large pattypan squash (sliced 1/2 inch rounds)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- ¼ cup fresh mint (minced)
- ¼ cup fresh oregano (minced)
- Pre-heat grill on medium-high heat.
- Place eggplant, zucchini and pattypan squash in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, chili flakes, mint and mint oregano. Pour mixture over the sliced vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Grill vegetables until soft and slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes flipping once halfway through.