This thick and creamy green smoothie bowl is the ideal vessel for your favorite toppings such as chia seeds, flaked coconut and fresh berries.
After sharing my Chai Tea Smoothie Bowl recently, you guys made it very clear the breakfast bowl trend is not going anywhere anytime soon! And for good reason – they’re fast, healthy, versatile and fun.
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and a four year old who counts down the days to every holiday in his Highlight’s calendar, I decided to make a naturally green smoothie bowl. Filled with juicy kiwi fruit, ripe bananas, baby spinach and a hint of ginger, adults and kids alike will love topping this green smoothie bowl.
Made with nutrient-rich Greek yogurt, each serving packs close to 16 grams of protein. My boys love raspberries, kiwi and flaked coconut but you could even sprinkle on chia seeds or a dollop of nut butter for even more protein.
No matter what you do, grab a spoon and have fun with it! Life is too short not to play with your food.
Your spoon is waiting.
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 2 large bananas (sliced and previously frozen)
- 2 cups baby spinach (or kale)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 kiwi (peeled)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 inch piece ginger root (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- several scoops ice
- flaked coconut (chia seeds, raspberries - optional garnishes)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until thick and creamy. Add more ice to reach desired consistency.
Check out Pinterest for more Healthy Breakfast Ideas!